With the housing market in the state it’s in, people are keen to improve their property rather than relocate. When there is limited space for an extension, the next step is to extend from within. This is why loft conversions have become hugely popular around the UK.
A loft conversion will make the most of wasted space in the home, which was previously a dark and damp space used to keep boxes of Christmas decorations, old toys and outdated furniture.
With a loft conversion, it’s possible to use the new space for whatever you need, whilst adding thousands of pounds to home value. You could utilise the room for extra living space, a home gym, a playroom or even a bedroom ensuite.
A Velux window will bring in plenty of natural light too, which will be a huge appeal to prospective buyers in the future. Converting the loft is a great way to avoid the expense of moving home if you’re after more space.
The cost of a loft conversion
A loft conversion will add extra space to your home and increase property value by thousands of pounds. Think about what you want to turn the room into and consider the price guide below:
- Average 20m² standard loft conversion cost – £11,025
- Cost of a 30m² standard loft conversion – £12,276
- Average 20m² deluxe loft conversion price – £24,935
The above loft conversion prices are intended only as a guide for your reference. In order to find the price of a loft conversion for your home, compare up to four free quotes with our quick and easy service.
The benefits of a loft conversion
|Image from pinterest|
Creating more space in the home is of paramount importance if you’re raising a family or just want more from your current home without needing to relocate or build an extension.
As the infrastructure is already in place, it can even be more cost-effective than adding a conservatory or extension.
The benefits of converting your loft include:
- Creating more space for your home
With a loft conversion you’re making the most of wasted space in your home. This space can be converted into whatever you need for your property; an extra bedroom, bathroom, living space, home gym or even playroom.
- Increasing the value of your property
With more space in the home, you’ll undoubtedly add value. The loft’s new use will ultimately have the final say on value increase, with a bedroom ensuite adding as much as 20% to your property. Beat the stagnating housing market by converting your loft.
- Avoid relocating for more room
The housing market has declined in the last couple of years, and nowadays there are thousands of pounds in costs associated with stamp duty, estate agent fees and solicitor payments. Improve your home and avoid the need to relocate for more space.
Facts & Figures You’ll Love To Share
- By converting your loft into a bedroom ensuite you can increase home value by as much as 20%.
- A loft conversion is a cost-effective way to increase living space in the home.
- A loft conversion can suit any need, including a bedroom, bathroom, living room, playroom or home gym.
- Avoid thousands of pounds worth of fees and charges by converting your loft rather than moving home.